recording of wpf objects

Aug 21, 2015 at 6:41 AM
Is this possible? if yes then how?
Aug 24, 2015 at 7:01 AM
There is no recorder of WPF objects. With that said, I don't think recorded UI tests is the way to go due to maintainability issues. Recorded UI tests are hard to maintain since they often use brittle search properties.

Web developers use page objects and page components when creating their UI tests. I will in the near future introduce similar concepts in CUITe for desktop applications. Hopefully you can benefit from using those concepts.
Aug 24, 2015 at 9:52 AM
I record to find out what the objects are and how the tool interprets it - then I write the scripts keywords to accommodate the object interpretation. I never use the recorded code - I use the tool to tell me what is the best way to define the object types. its more or less like prototyping.

On 24/08/15 17:02, Disore wrote:

There is no recorder of WPF objects. With that said, I don't think recorded UI tests is the way to go due to maintainability issues. Recorded UI tests are hard to maintain since they often use brittle search properties.

Web developers use page objects and page components when creating their UI tests. I will in the near future introduce similar concepts in CUITe for desktop applications. Hopefully you can benefit from using those concepts.

Aug 25, 2015 at 5:49 AM
Oh, in that case you can use Visual UI Automation Verify. I've checked in both the x86 and x64 version on CUITe on github.