Status of project

Aug 13, 2015 at 5:22 PM
This looks really promising to me. As a noob with CodedUI (coming from Selenium, WATiR and other OS frameworks) I'm so far finding it well-nigh unusable, and this project looks like it could be the answer.

However, I note that:
  • Last stable version was posted February, 2012
  • Beta version was last updated January, 2013
  • Documentation page last updated in 2011
Recent items posted on this forum indicates that there is SOME sort of currently active user community but also that it looks small.

I won't be able to convince my managers to allow me to base a project on it if it's not undergoing active development and is not supported by an active community.

Even then, it's a dodgy proposition... I haven't been able to persuade them to let us use Selenium or other OS technologies that ARE very actively supported... but since we're dealing with something based on MS and Visual Studio tech, it might be doable in this case. But only if I can show that the tool will be supported and usable by whoever comes after me when my own tenure with this project end.

Appreciate any input.

rabbit
Aug 16, 2015 at 3:41 PM
Hi,

Check out the latest version of CUITe source code at (https://github.com/icnocop/cuite). The downloads section here is no longer the latest repository for CUITe.

Ankit
Sep 9, 2015 at 3:34 PM
@saxenaankit123 are you sure this isn't just a fork of the project and it's the original dev? I would have expected some more documentation/markdown on the "real" version of the project. Might not really matter, just curious as I haven't happened across any google links pointing to CUITe anywhere but here.
Sep 9, 2015 at 3:37 PM
Well, disregard I guess - the github account owner matches the handle of the coordinator of this project here, so I guess it is legit... perhaps 2 legit.

Surprising this site hasn't been updated with links to the github project.