VS2013 - Can't find Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Hello,

I'm currently working on using the CUITe framework to create a simple CodedUI Test that will open a browser window and login to a website. I've got the code created with the appropriate Test Methods, but everytime I build my project I see the following error:
"nable to load types from the test source 'C:\mydll.dll" Some or all of the tests in this source may not be discovered. If you are running unit tests for Windows Store apps and referencing custom WinMD type then please visit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=238340 for more info. Error details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: C______ould not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."______

I've confirmed that the UITesting namespace exists and is available in Visual Studio. I have removed references and readded them as necessary. After removing everything one by one, I found that this is being thrown anytime I add the reference to CUITe. Not sure what's causing this..
Here's some additional info:
Running CodedUI Test Project - .NET 4.5
CUITe v. 1.0.6 - support for .NET 4.5 release
Running Visual Studio 2013 Update 1

Does the CUITe DLL need to be stored in a specific spot on my machine?
Feb 18, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Not sure if you've seen this discussion for VS 2013 support.

There's a bunch of stuff in there that helped me get going again with VS 2103.