This project is read-only.

CUITe Object Recorder does not record the pop ups windows

Jan 14, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Hello,

The web application I am working with has a login page, which I can easily record with Object Recorder. But, once I log into the application, the landing page (and everything thereafter) starts in a new page. Is there any way to record the new pop windows using Object Recorder? Manually recording the Object would take a lot of time and would defeat the purpose. Please help.

Thanks
Kay
Jan 15, 2014 at 7:18 PM
I have been grabbing the URL for the new window & then pasting that in the recorder and continuing on with my actions from that point onwards.
Jan 15, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Edited Jan 15, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Thanks for the response. I tried to do the same. But, the way my application works, directly using the URL wont work for me. I have to go through the log in window and then select and child window. Is there a way to do so ?
Jan 16, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Here are two ways you can get the URL of the pop-up window:
  1. Press F11 to maximize the window and the address bar will be displayed. Press F11 again to restore the window to its original size.
  2. Right-click in the pop-up window and select Properties. The URL will appear in the Address field.
Then you can just paste the address of the pop-up window into the CUITe Object Recorder's Address field.
Jan 16, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Edited Jan 17, 2014 at 2:37 AM
My application does not recognize direct URLs like that. Actually, the browser used by CUITe's Object Recorder does not even load the above mentioned pop-up page completely (might be because of the ActiveX controls required to load the page). I wonder if there is a way to record UIMap from IE itself - the way CodedUI does. That is a critical functionality which actually brings CUITe way closer to CodedUI. Please let me know if that is possible.

Thanks for your help and time on this matter,
Kay :)
Jan 30, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Hi Kay,

CUITe is built on top of Microsoft's Coded UI Test framework.

So you can record actions using Visual Studio's built-in Coded UI test recorder and then manually convert it to CUITe.