Locating objects that "no longer exist" (ie. JavaScript)

Oct 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM
{"The following element is no longer available: IE web control; Process Id [7928], window handle [394264] Additional Details: \r\nTechnologyName: 'Web'\r\nControlType: 'Button'\r\nTagName: 'INPUT'\r\nId: 'ContentPlaceHolder1_Button2'\r\nName: 'ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$Button2'\r\n"}

Grrr! I thought CUITe was going to be able to handle this. I'm a WinForms guy that has been asked to test a website... it was going good until I ran into some controls that, while I see them, the system does not at runtime. CodedUI comes back with 'HiddenControl' error, and so does WATIN. CUITe gets through a bunch of them, and then BAMM, fails. These two buttons are on the same page... both do not work. The "Value" never changes, so I'm not sure why it can't determine the control just on that alone.

public CUITe_HtmlInputButton btnSelectCustomer = new CUITe_HtmlInputButton("Value=Select Customer");
public CUITe_HtmlInputButton btnTemp1 = new CUITe_HtmlInputButton("Id=ContentPlaceHolder1_Button2");

Any ideas that I can try?
Oct 15, 2013 at 5:39 AM
Hi
Try to use Tag Instance property,
what i can see from your post is hidden control error, that means there may be dynamically changing the index(Tag Instance) or properties are not sufficient to identify object.
  • Neeraj
Coordinator
Oct 16, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Hi countrysideflair,

Please make sure you are not hitting the issue with kb2870699 as indicated here.

Thank you.