source file '..\CommonAssemblyInfo.cs' could not be found

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Hi All,

I need help on error "source file '..\CommonAssemblyInfo.cs' could not be found"

I have downloaded Source code of CUITe.

Steps i followed are :
Created Client Project Solution with CodedUITest with out recording
Added existing project of CUITe which is downloaded.
try to build from VS
Error shown as "source file '..\CommonAssemblyInfo.cs' could not be found"

Can somebody help me to solve this issue.

Thanks
Neeraj
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I don't recommend adding the CUITe project to your solution.

Just reference the CUITe.dll that is built from building CUITe.sln for example.
Oct 9, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Edited Oct 9, 2013 at 8:50 AM
hi icnocop,

Thanks for reply,

1: How to add CUITe.dll in client project ? I could not see the dll file under bin folder.
2: But still, how to resolve this issue.

Thanks
Neeraj
Oct 10, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Neeraj,

Try opening the CUITe solution in VS and building the CUITe project. That should create the CUITe.dll that you need to include in your project in the Debug\bin folder of the project.

Jeff
Oct 11, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for reply,

with dll reference i tried and its working.
I need to know what cause its not working if i use CUITe source code in my project.

This is my observation, let me know if wrong.

I have install VS 2012 premium trial version which install default .net framework 4.5
if i download CUITe project and add project with existing project and copy commonassembly.cs and CUITe.snk file then its solve this error "source file '..\CommonAssemblyInfo.cs' could not be found"

However, CUITe project default using .net framework 4 folder directory for below listed references and CUITe could not find this reference (reference name is listed below) and give Visual studio not found error throw in VS 2012 premium
  1. Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension
  2. Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.Silverlight
  3. Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting
I tried to add reference from .net framework folder 4.0 but it could give update and nothing happen in project tree and error still exists.

any idea how to solve this ?
Coordinator
Oct 11, 2013 at 7:02 AM
Hi Neeraj,

If you want a version of CUITe.dll that targets the .NET Framework 4.5, you can open "CUITe (NET45).sln" and build the CUITe project in that solution.

This will create ".\CUITe (NET45)\bin\Release\CUITe.dll", for example, that you can add a reference to in your Coded UI test project.

Thank you.
Oct 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Hi icnocop,

This is solved by copying CommonAssemblyInfo.cs file to source project folder and working fine now,

Thanks,
Neeraj