CUITe support for DevExpress controls

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:47 PM

DevExpress has recently released a VS extension that adds support for applications created with DevExpress controls.  I know that CUITe supports Web and Silverlight, but how difficult would it be to allow the CUITe base to incorporate the DevExpress extension for its controls? 

I have previously used CUITe for a Web project and loved how much simpler it made my code.  I would rather not have to go back to using the nightmare that is the UIMap. 

Would it be as simple as modifying the source code relating to WinForms support and have it inherit the DevExpress controls instead?

I would just like to get an idea of the complexity before I decide if I want to modify CUITe or proceed with the UIMap approach for this project.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Coordinator
Oct 21, 2012 at 4:20 AM

Hi dwkane,

I don't have any experience with DevExpress controls and so I'm not sure how DevExpress have implemented their Coded UI control classes.

Have you tried using their Coded UI control classes and\or read their documentation?

According to http://www.devexpress.com/Products/NET/Controls/WinForms/Coded-UI/ it might just be as simple as doing this:

CUITe_WinWindow winWindow = new CUITe_WinWindow("Name=Calculator");

DXButton dxButtonClear = winWindow.Get<CUITe_WinButton>("Name=Clear").UnWrap();

dxButtonClear.Click();

The code makes assumptions that DXButton exists and is public, among other things.