Recording Objects inside the Frame document by using CUITe Object recorder

Jul 3, 2011 at 7:04 AM

Hi to All,

Is there any way to record objects which are resided in Frame by using CUITe Object recorder? I have tried but it is recognizing upto the FRAME only, not the objects inside the FRAME.

Thanks

Seenivasan

Coordinator
Jul 5, 2011 at 8:23 AM

You are right. Currently there is no support for objects within a frame.You will have to 'View source' and create the object repository entries manually.

Will work on this soon.

Coordinator
Oct 11, 2011 at 3:18 PM

This is fixed in v1.04Beta. Please try.

Oct 17, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Hi Sereba,

I am using V1.04 but it is not capturing the controls inside FRAME could you please guide me how can i resolve this iisue.

Thanks,

Bala

Oct 17, 2011 at 10:25 PM
sureba wrote:

This is fixed in v1.04Beta. Please try.

Could you please confirm me

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2011 at 11:59 PM

I recorded a simple button click action using the object recorder and it seemed to work as expected.

I uploaded patch 10622 with a unit test to test clicking on a button within an iframe and that works without issues as well.

Can you upload a simple code sample that you find is not working as expected please?

Thank you.

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2011 at 3:03 AM

Yes Balanarasimha, It is fixed in v1.04.

It could be that the issue you are facing is a different one. Will need to see the html and code. Can you please post it?

Oct 18, 2011 at 4:24 AM

Hi,

This is sharepoint 2010 ui.when I click left side add document it will open popup “Upload Document”.i am able to recording up to add document, when I try to click BROWSE button am able to record, but while paying back I getting error called “timout/not identifying the control” .

Please find below screen for your under stand.

Additional Details:

TechnologyName: 'Web'

ControlType: 'Frame'

TagName: 'IFRAME'

Thanks & Regards,

Balanarasimha

cid:image001.jpg@01CB90A3.4D9A7BF0

UST Global
6th Floor, ASV Suntech Park 148,

IT Highway, Okkiyam, Chennai
Balanarasimha.Tippasani@ust-global.com
M: +91 7200252050

Confidentiality and Security: This e-mail and any associated files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the named addressee, do not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this e-mail. If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this communication permanently from your records. Forward-looking Statement: Certain portions of this e-mail or its associated files may contain forward-looking statements that are based on management's expectations, estimates, projections, and assumptions. Warning: UST Global has taken reasonable precaution to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail. The firm cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments.

Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:33 AM
To: Balanarasimha Tippasani (UST, IND)
Subject: Re: Recording Objects inside the Frame document by using CUITe Object recorder [cuite:263710]

Yes Balanarasimha, It is fixed in v1.04.

It could be that the issue you are facing is a different one. Will need to see the html and code. Can you please post it?