Scope of Cuite

May 3, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Hi,

I am a beginner in CodedUI and trying to device a framework for our implementation.

I have identified the objects and saved in the object repository class file as mentioned in  QuickStart. The stored objects are not giving its properties, For example:

public CUITe_HtmlInputButton btnTemp8 = new CUITe_HtmlInputButton("Id=ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_ClientQuery");

The property "btnTemp8.Text" or any other property of this object is not accessible.

Any issue here? Also, Cuite will not record actions performed on the application right?

Please clarify.

Thanks in advance,

Giri

Coordinator
May 5, 2011 at 9:09 AM
Edited May 5, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Thanks a lot Giri for trying CUITe!

Please download the latest CUITe (1.01) from http://cuite.codeplex.com/releases/view/61359#DownloadId=236017

I have added support for btnTemp8.InnerText & btnTemp8.DisplayText.

Even with the older setup you could have got this done with the help of UnWrap() method (btnTemp8.UnWrap().InnerText or btnTemp8.UnWrap().DisplayText)

UnWrap() will expose all native Coded UI methods and properties.

CUITe is a work in progress, and you pointing out issues will help me a lot.

> Also, Cuite will not record actions performed on the application right?

Yes, you are right. CUITe will not record actions performed. It is designed that way. You will have to hand code actions. It may seem a bit difficult in the beginning, but you will love it in the course of time as many have found out already.

Keep sending me issues you find, and any suggestions if you have.