Disambiguate Devexpress control (ComboBox)

Sep 1, 2014 at 7:28 AM
AUT - Windows application using Devexpress controls.

Problem Statement- Unable to disambiguate devexpress combobox control.

Description: On a form I have 02 combobox which are recorded as DXLookUpEdit control.
  1. DXLookUpEdit UICtlEditLookUpEdit
    2.DXLookUpEdit UICtlEditLookUpEdit1
unfortunately the search parameters used are same

this.mUICtlEditLookUpEdit.SearchProperties[DXTestControl.PropertyNames.Name] = "ctlEdit";
                this.mUICtlEditLookUpEdit.SearchProperties[DXTestControl.PropertyNames.ClassName] = "SizedGridLookUpEdit";
                this.mUICtlEditLookUpEdit.SearchProperties[DXTestControl.PropertyNames.HierarchyLevel] = "5";
In order to distinguish the 02 objects I have tried to add search properties from the generic section such as Friendly Name,Id. The test runs fine for the first object. However, if I don't add the search properties it select the first object again ad overwrites the value. If I add the search properties it fails and throws exception for control not found.

Here are the line of statements generated

// Type 'System.String' in 'ctlEdit' LookUpEdit
        //ValueTypeName
        uICtlEditLookUpEdit.ValueTypeName = this.inputDetailsTabformParams.UICtlEditLookUpEditValueTypeName;

// Type 'LAV [AutoSearchText]8' in 'ctlEdit' LookUpEdit
        //ValueAsString
        uICtlEditLookUpEdit.ValueAsString = this.inputDetailsTabformParams.UICtlEditLookUpEditValueAsString;

// Type 'Laverton' in 'ctlEdit' LookUpEdit
        Keyboard.SendKeys(uICtlEditLookUpEdit, this.inputDetailsTabformParams.UICtlEditLookUpEditSendKeys, ModifierKeys.None);

Please suggest how this situation can be handled. Any help is highly appreciated!!
Cheers,
DD.
Oct 1, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Edited Oct 1, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Add search property for 1st Combobox(you are already adding) and add window title for second combobox like:

DXLookUpEdit UICtlEditLookUpEdit1.WindowTitles.Add("TitleName");

It will work. let me know the result.