This project is read-only.

Object Recorder

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:00 AM
The current version of object recorder is not responding correctly to left-click.
When I left click I get a normal context menu and no code is generated on the bottom window.
Mar 27, 2014 at 6:52 PM
This may happen from time to time based on dependencies in your application.

I usually use the Right-click ->Inspect Element functionality in Chrome to get the object properties. & then add it to my object repository once I find a unique property or a combination of properties that identifies the object uniquely.

If your application does not work in Chrome or you are restricted to IE, there is a similar functionality, though a few more steps are required.
In IE9:
  1. Navigate to your page
  2. Hit F12
  3. In the new window click on the "Select element by click" (or Ctrl+B)
  4. Click on your object.
Analyze the properties and add the object with the necessary properties to your object repository.
Mar 31, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Hi eduardo7095,

Which version of the CUITe Object Recorder are you using?

Can you provide sample html code and the actions you are performing that can reproduce the issue?

Thank you.
Apr 2, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate it.
I am not sure anymore what the issue was. I had to get rid of that machine/laptop for some other reasons.

So, I am getting the controls fine now when I LEFT click.
What I am not sure is that if while recording, the controls (hyperlinks/buttons, etc) should respond normally or just the code should be generated.
Here is a comparison.

At: http://www.msn.com when I record and click on the links there is no navigation and I get the code fine.
At: <mywebpage> when I reord and click ont he links there is navigation and I also get the code..
I guess I am ok with navigation, but I am not sure if it supposed to respond to the click normally.

Thanks