Does CUITe support Desktop applications

Jan 29, 2014 at 5:21 AM
Hi All,

I am new to Coded UI Automation, recently we are starting exploring coded UI automation for our product, Our product is .NET application along with Net Advantage controls. While validating observed that few of controls mainly related to infragistics are not identifying Coded UI Test Builder, like Menu controls (not able identify the sub menu items in menu).

I have gone through the site, no where i find the issues related to Winforms, mainly infragistics one, and found the things are related to web applications. Sorry i may be missed to check few things. I have tried by installing Cuite Framework... and Object Repository recorder for web application. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Does Cuite support Desktop applications???

Could you please tell us, is there any possibility in CUITe to work with infragistics controls.

Thanks,
Kal_test
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2014 at 7:44 AM
Hi Kal_test,

Yes, the latest CUITe source code supports desktop applications; you have to currently get the latest source code and compile it yourself.

CUITe is based on Microsoft's Coded UI Test framework, so if Visual Studio's built-in Coded UI Test Recorder/Builder supports recording and playback of the test, then it can be manually converted to CUITe.

Does the Coded UI test give you an error message during playback?

There are numerous posts on Infragistics community forums that indicate their controls are supported by the Coded UI Test framework.
http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/p/72605/375862.aspx
Yes, Our controls support CodedUI testing. When binding to an Itemsource control, you need to make sure the each object has unique [ToString]. It is also a good idea to give names to all your controls.
Jan 31, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Hi iconcop,

Thank you... I have installed CUITe for .NET 4.5, have followed the steps which were mentioned in Documentation section.

After doing this also, I didn't see any difference in code generated by Coded UI test builder before and after CUITe reference. Could you please tell me, do I need to follow another workflow.

Thanks in advance,
Kal
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2014 at 9:43 AM
You will have to manually convert the code generated by the Coded UI Test Builder to CUITe.

You can read the first few topics in the Frequently Asked Questions for some sample code.

More sample code can be found as unit\integration tests from the latest CUITe source code.

Here is a link to the latest code for integration tests against the calculator desktop application:
https://cuite.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#Sample_CUITeTestProject_WinControls/CalculatorTests.cs

Here is a link to the latest code for integration tests against a sample WPF desktop application:
https://cuite.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#Sample_CUITeTestProject_WpfControls/WpfControlTests.cs
Feb 3, 2014 at 8:29 AM
Thank you... I will go through the code and will try for our product.

Thanks again... I will let you know whether i am successful or not.

Thanks,
Kal