Analyzing the contents of a pdf file loaded in a pop up window

Jan 15, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Hello,

I have a webpage which opens pop up window (IFrame) with a .pdf file loaded inside of it. I wonder if there is a way to either save the file for manual inspection or even better, inspect the pdf file for some particular information?

Thanks in advance,
Kay
Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Hi Kay,

If Visual Studio's built-in Coded UI Test Recorder is able to generate the appropriate code, then it can be converted to CUITe.

Is Visual Studio's built-in Coded UI Test Recorder able to generate the appropriate code for your needs?

Thank you.
Jan 16, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Thank you for your response. I wonder if there is a way to directly record from an IE window?
Jan 16, 2014 at 10:20 PM
I have used in a PoC a few months ago to view the contents of a PDF opened by the automation:
  1. itextsharp
  2. ikvmbin + pdfbox
My usecase was very simple and I just needed to grab the text within and validate a value.

You can check these out. There were quite a few samples available when I was looking, but I never really saved them off, but I am sure you can find them if you look.

Hope that helps.
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Yes, Visual Studio's built-in Coded UI test recorder can record actions directly in Internet Explorer.