This project is read-only.

NuGet package

Jul 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Hi guys,

I'd be nice to have a NuGet package of CUITe.dll handy.

Bellow is a sample nuspec file you might use. I might upload it to NuGet.org as well.
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<package>
  <metadata>
    <id>CUITe</id>
    <version>1.0.6-beta</version>
    <authors>Righthand</authors>
    <owners>sureba,icnocop</owners>
    <licenseUrl>http://cuite.codeplex.com/license</licenseUrl>
    <projectUrl>http://cuite.codeplex.com/</projectUrl>
    <requireLicenseAcceptance>false</requireLicenseAcceptance>
    <description>UITe (Coded UI Test enhanced) Framework is a thin layer developed on top of Microsoft Visual Studio Team Test's Coded UI Test engine which helps reduce code, increases readability and maintainability, while also providing a bunch of cool features for the automation engineer.</description>
    <releaseNotes>Beta version.</releaseNotes>
    <copyright>Copyright 2013</copyright>
    <tags>testing uitesting</tags>
  </metadata>
</package>
Jul 16, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Hi MihaMarkic.

Thank you for the request.

I created a work item here.

My only concern about the nuget package you've posted in the version field.

I would like to keep things consistent with real version numbers, in the format major.minor.build.revision.

Thank you.
Jul 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Edited Jul 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Well, NuGet versioning is in the form of major.minor.patch. Versions containing just numbers are "normal" versions, versions containing strings in patch part are considered prerelease (beta, alpha, whatever). You can't have all four version parts in Nuget.
More info here:
NuGet versioning
Aug 18, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Thank you, MihaMarkic.

It seems NuGet interprets packages with a four part version number (ex. 1.0.0.0) as a "stable" package so the nuspec doesn't necessarily have to conform to the 3 part version number specification.

But using the 3 part version number is a good idea for pre-release builds, built from a build server for example.

I will keep that in mind.

Thank you.