How to handle unknown popup timing

Jun 24, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Hi Friends,

Its Urgent and stuck my work,

In my company' system, for security reason, one window alert will display regularly after some time interval, its window dialog box with OK button.

Could anyone help me on how to read or identified that alert whenever comes up and while running script it self only I will click and continue my execution.

Thanks in advance,
Neeraj
Coordinator
Jun 26, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Hi Neeraj,

See the related discussion here.

Thank you.
Jun 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Hi Icnocop,

Thanks for reply,

The alert which is popping up is "Stand alone window dialog" box not Web page popup.
More over there is not time to pop up, its like any time it will pop up,

My confusion is where to put the code suppose if its working?

As per my observation, Normally it pop up after 10 to 15 min, and some time if I copy text or file that time pop up.

Dialog box says about same your data from desktop to other location.

Thanks in advance,
Neeraj
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2013 at 6:03 AM
Hi Neeraj,

You can use the built-in Visual Studio Coded UI test recorder to record relevant actions and then convert them to CUITe.

Can you post a sample solution that can reproduce the problem please?

This includes client side html + javascript, server side, and the coded ui test project.

Minimizing the code to only include the relevant pieces would be ideal for easier troubleshooting.

Thank you.
Oct 3, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Hi Icnocop,

As of now i have recorded the action and converted into CUITe but main problem is the timing, The Pop up display is any time, it is the security setting from Admin and it displays for all employee of organization.

Since i am ignoring that pop up bcoz its not stopping my script execution.

Thanks,
Neeraj