This project is read-only.

Test Association & Clear Cache Issues

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:41 AM

We are a group of testers using the CUITe framework in order to create a set of automated tests for our website. We have run into two problems which are as follows

1. There has been a major update of our website by the developers and we currently have over 500 automated tests. These are data driven from test manager. The issue we have encountered is the conflict between the name space on the tests in Visual Studio to the data source within Test Manager. Usually we remove the association between these and the re-associate however with over 500 of these tests this can become time consuming. Is there any way to bulk update these?

2. Using the CUITe framework is there a command to clear down the browser’s cookies once the browsers shuts? The settings on the browser have been set up to clear down the session and cookies but due to the close all browsers command we use this doesn’t seem to clear the cookies successfully and with the company recently introducing a new remember me cookie this is causing all sorts of issues with our tests.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 1, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Hi Luke,

Can you give an example of "the conflict between the name space on the tests in Visual Studio to the data source within Test Manager"?

How is this related to CUITe?

Can't you just use the Find and Replace window in Visual Studio to do that?

To clear the cache and cookies of the browser, call the following methods:

BrowserWindow.ClearCache();

BrowserWindow.ClearCookies();

Jul 24, 2013 at 7:19 AM
We have 2 different languages in our web site. When user open site script check it's regional settings and set cookie en or esp. How i can set up cookies in CUITe that my test always load en cookie parameter or esp?
Jul 30, 2013 at 3:18 AM
You can try to add a query string key and value that can override the default local regional settings like: http://www.domain.com/index.aspx?lang=esp