CUITe does not run

Aug 30, 2012 at 8:06 PM

The "Recorder" from CUITe Object Recorder does not work. When clicking, it says that the document is not loaded.

To be honest, I'm not sure why that is since with Coded UI I don't need to load any document, I can just start recording.

I'm also unsure about one line from the CUITe Quick Start Guide. In 3), it says "Open CUITe Object Recorder (Start -> All Programs -> CUITe -> CUITe Object Recorder), and navigate to your application under test." Navigate to your application under test? What? There is no window that pops up that asks me to navigate anywhere.

Please assist.

Thank you!

-TS...

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Hi TS,

The CUITe Object Recorder supports recording interactions only with html controls.

So "navigate to your application under test" basically means: Enter the url of the web page in the Address field.

If you'd like to record interactions with desktop or silverlight applications, you will have to use the built-in Coded UI recorder and then translate the generated code for use with CUITe as described in the FAQ.

The CUITe Object Recorder produces a "document is not loaded" message because you either haven't navigated to a web page or haven't waited for the web page to finish loading before pressing the Record button.

The text in the status bar of the CUITe Object Recorder would specifically read "Error: Document not loaded yet, please try again!".

Thank you.