This project is read-only.

no referece found 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.Silverlight

Jun 5, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Hi

I see following error when executing my test. I am trying to add the silverlight reference, but it is not showing in .net refereces(Add references). How to get this reference? I am currently using CUITe runtime version v4.0.30319.  Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Test method Portal.Test.Int.SignInTest.SignInTestMethod threw exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.Silverlight, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Jun 5, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Hi SailajiNalamati,

Please see the documentation here:

http://cuite.codeplex.com/documentation

It has this link: How to: Set Up Your Silverlight Application for Testing

And as also indicated here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsautotest/thread/1e97fab8-02a6-4a8f-aa86-4440093db214

Basically,

You will need to install Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Feature Pack 2 and use Visual Studio Premium or Ultimate

Jun 5, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Thank you for prompt response.

we are not using any silver light controls in our projects.  We are building website using .net MVC and Azure. I wonder, why am I getting the silverlight reference error ? Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Sailaja

Jun 6, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Edited Jun 6, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I can't seem to reproduce your issue.

I recommend enabling assembly bind failure logging to see the verbose error.

Is Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Feature Pack 2 installed?

Are you using Visual Studio 2010 Premium or Ultimate?

Which version of CUITe?