How to record objects in pop up window with CUITe

Dec 6, 2011 at 6:29 AM

Hi,

I am using CUITe for a web application. It recognizes the object fine when home page is opened in the CUITe recorder. But as soon as I open a pop-up window (child window) through a link in home page, the new windowopens above CUITe recorder. So I am not able to click on the CUITe recorder at all and neither does it record any object on the new window.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Divya

Dec 6, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Hi Divya,

Could you please eloborate the issue whch you are facing now?

Yes/no popups ?

if it is yes/no/confirm popups please try with GetChildren()[0] property.

Thanks,

Bala                      

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:53 AM

Thanks for your reply BalanarasimhaRedd.

1) The web application home page opens in CUITe recorder (everything works fine)

2) I open a window from the already loaded home page in CUITe recorder. Now this new window opens above the CUITe recorder and blocks me from clicking on the recorder. Hence I cannot record objects on this new window.

Could you please tell me a way to get the objects on this new window that opens up.

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2011 at 5:21 AM

Divya,

Thanks for using CUITe. Right now there is NO support for child IE instances in the object recorder. I am working on a totally new version of Object recorder, and hopefully I may be able to address this issue then.

Can not give you an ETA as of now for the new version.

--Suresh Balasubramanian 

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2011 at 7:04 AM

For the child IE instances for now, you may use the IE Developer tools (press F12 when the child IE window is on focus) to get the search attributes (like id, name, class etc.) and hand code the object repository class.